- 2 1/2 pounds ground pastured pork or ground grass fed beef (where to buy grassfed meats)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic red chile powder (where to buy red chile powder)
- Put the garlic, oregano, vinegar, and red chile powder into a blender and mix well.
- Put the ground meat into a medium sized glass bowl. Pour the mixture over the meat, mix well, and cover with a plate.
- Marinate at room temperature for about 6-8 hours or all day, pouring off any water that accumulates periodically throughout the day. Note: the flavor will ripen and develop throughout the day. The chile will prevent spoilage.
- Refrigerate or freeze in small amounts and remove as needed.
- To cook, crumble into a cast iron skillet and saute until browned. Extremely delicious with scrambled eggs!
Enjoy your own Homemade Chorizo sausage with all wholesome ingredients!
Leave a Reply