Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookies
Yield: Six 2½ inch cookies + scraps
- 1 (7 oz) package Unsweetened Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut*
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pot, combine creamed coconut, sugar, vanilla and salt over medium heat. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the creamed coconut has melted, about 3 minutes or so. The mixture may seem a little bit sandy.
- Get out an 8×8 baking dish. Dump the melted coconut/sugar mixture into the pan. Let it cool a bit, and then use your hands to press the mixture flat into the dish. The dough will only take up about 3/4 of the baking dish. Scatter the chocolate chips on top and press them into the dough with your hands.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool and then use a cookie cutter, or a knife, to cut into desired shapes.
*I like to use this in lieu of coconut butter out of a jar because the package has some magic ratio perfectly measured out (see pic below). Just using coconut butter straight out of a jar may turn things into a crumbly mess.
Enjoy your paleo chocolate chip cookie dough cookies!
Leave a Reply