Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 7-10 chipotle peppers, stems removed and split lengthwise
- 1 cup organic strained tomatoes in a jar
- 1 cup beef broth (sub filtered water)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of cloves
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pan and simmer, covered on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer on low for an additional 30 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Once the sauce has thickened, allow the peppers to cool and then store for later use.
- The sauce should keep in the fridge for about a week. Or you can freeze it for later use.
*Fresh tomatoes peeled, chopped and seeds removed should work too.
Enjoy your chipotle peppers in adobe sauce!
Leave a Reply