- 1/4 cup sun-dried mushrooms (or sub. fresh mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 lbs. ground grass-fed beef
- 1 egg
- 2 pieces bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dried mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water from the sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons water from the mushrooms (if using fresh mushrooms, just use filtered water)
- Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes by placing them in a bowl and covering them with warm water. Let soak at room temperature for at least 45 minutes or until they feel flexible. If they feel stiff, soak them longer. Reserve the water.
- Rehydrate dried mushrooms by placing them in a bowl and covering with warm water for 30-45 minutes. Reserve water.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the beef, bacon, garlic, onion, 1/2 sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup dried mushrooms, chili powder, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, jalapeno and egg. Mix gently, do not overdo it or you will risk making your loaf dry.
- Pat the mixture into your loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 1 hour.
- To make the glaze, puree all of your glaze ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- After the meatloaf has cooked for 1 hour, remove it from the oven and drain some of the fat out of the loaf pan. Then brush the top of the meatloaf with the glaze, then place back in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the top looks browned and caramelized.
- Drain some more fat out, if needed. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and serve!
Enjoy your sun dried tomato and mushroom meatloaf!