Yield: 4-8, depending on size and quantity of mushrooms
What’s a party without the ever-popular stuffed mushrooms? These ones are loaded with walnuts, spinach and sundried tomatoes, a savory burst of flavor to feed any appetite.
- 1 1/2 lbs. mushrooms, you can use baby portobellos, cremini or button
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped – reserve a little for serving
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, finely diced
- 3/4 cup walnuts, finely, roughly chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, finely, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, set aside to dice and add to the filling. Brush mushrooms with a little olive oil, place stem side up and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the shallots, bell pepper, garlic and sun dried tomatoes for about 3 minutes until they start to get tender. Add in the parsley, finely chopped mushroom stems and chopped walnuts, cook another 2-3 minutes. Add in chopped baby spinach and allow it to wilt. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, pour off or soak up any water that accumulates in the mushrooms. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Topped with fresh, raw diced red bell peppers and serve warm.
Enjoy Paleo Stuffed Mushrooms!