- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp Milk of Choice (Organic Classic Coconut Milk,
Almond Milk, or Organic Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- ½ Tbsp Grass Fed Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
- ⅛ Tsp Baking Soda mixed with ¼ Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar in separate pinch bowl (this replaces baking powder)
- ⅛ Tsp Vanilla Extract * optional, omit if making something savory like an egg sandwich
- ¼ Tsp Honey
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- Melt the butter or oil in a round, glass or ceramic ramekin (I used a 3½ inch, 6 ounce ramekin).
- In a separate small bowl, mix baking soda and apple cider vinegar (it will be very fizzy and bubbly). Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the ramekin, and whisk or stir with a fork briskly.
- Add the baking soda- cider vinegar mixture to the ramekin, and stir well.
- Bake in the oven at 400 F for 12 to 15 minutes, until middle is firm.
- Take a knife between the bowl and muffin and slide around to loosen edges.
- Cool enough to handle, then remove from bowl, and cut in half sideways.
- Toast in a buttered or oiled frying pan, until lightly browned on each side (like a pancake). This is an important step, do not skip.
- Use a spatula to press the tops of muffins lightly down while pan toasting.
Quick Paleo English Muffins are best when toasted in buttered or oiled fry pan. A toaster oven might be okay, but not a regular toaster. These are great with butter and honey, almond butter or sunflower seed butter, and egg muffin sandwich, or even a mini pizza!
Serving size: entire recipe Calories: 220 Fat: 18 g Carbohydrates: 5 g / Net Carbs: 2.5 g Sugar: 1 g Fiber: 2.5 g Protein: 8 g