- 1 large head cauliflower (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 large carrots, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- Wash and core the cauliflower, then coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Heat a large, deep pot over medium-high heat, then add the coconut oil. When the oil is melted, add onions, carrots, and garlic. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until they’re soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped cauliflower and cook until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and water, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Working in batches, carefully transfer the cauliflower and some of the broth to a blender or food processor. Purée the cauliflower until smooth, adding more broth as necessary.
- Pour the purée back into the soup pot, then add the salt, pepper, and coconut milk. Stir to combine and cook over medium until heated through. Serve immediately with garnishes, or store covered in the refrigerator. To reheat, warm the soup gently over medium-low heat until bubbly.
Enjoy Golden Cauliflower Soup!