- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 5 eggs
- 1 avocado, diced
- handful cilantro
- hot sauce
- raw cheese, optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- In an oven safe skillet (like cast iron), crumble and brown the sausage over medium heat.
- Once it’s brown, use a slotted spoon to remove the sausage. Set aside. Try to reserve as much of the grease as possible.
- Toss the sweet potatoes into the sausage grease and let them get crispy and cooked through.
- Add the sausage back into the pan.
- Make a few wells in the pan–one well for each egg. Crack your eggs into the wells.
- Place the skillet in the oven, baking the skillet long enough for the eggs to set, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil to brown top side of the eggs for a few minutes, the yolks will still be soft.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cover with avocado, cilantro and hot sauce.
- Serve by scooping out an egg, along with its neighboring goodies, with a large spoon.
Enjoy the Cowboy Breakfast Skillet before a big day of exercise!