- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 15 oz. can of crushed tomatoes (do not drain!)
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 Roasted Spaghetti Squash, shredded
- Minced red onion (for topping if desired)
- In a dutch-oven over medium-high heat, add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Add garlic and ground beef and continue cooking an additional 5 minutes. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomato paste and all dry seasonings. Stir together and allow spices to toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and scrap up any browned bits on the bottom (add some of the broth if you need additional liquid to do this).
- Add crushed tomatoes and broth. Stir to combine and turn heat down to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, slightly covered with a lid.
- Serve over shredded spaghetti squash and top with minced red onions if desired.
Enjoy Paleo Cincinnati Chili!