- 1 lb ground beef (or breakfast sausage)
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cups beef stock
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & diced small
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 lb bacon
- eggs (one egg for each serving)
- 1/4 avocado (per serving)
- In a large soup pot, brown the meat and and saute the onions until cooked through (I cooked the meat & onions at the same time). Add in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes and stock, followed by all the spices. Let simmer until the sweet potatoes have cooked through, about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up and saute the bacon until crispy. Reserve until ready to serve. Then, fry or scramble one egg for each person you plan on serving.
- Serve by scooping the chili in a bowl, top with the fried/scrambled egg, some crispy bacon & some avocado slices.
Enjoy your bacon and eggs breakfast chili!